Character Facts of the Week: The Earl of Lemongrab
The Earl of Lemongrab is one of the characters from Adventure Time, along with Finn and Jake. Here are ten facts about the character. Did you know all of them? Let us know below if you know any more!
1. The Earl was "born" in Princess Bubblegum's laboratory. He was created so that he could rule the Candy Kingdom if the Princess ever became unable to do so.
2. When he found out that Princess Bubblegum was "too young" to rule the kingdom, the Earl travelled to her castle on his Lemon Camel, immediately declared her castle to be in "UNACCEPTABLE CONDITION," and threatened to send all of the residents to the dungeon.
3. He ruled the kingdom badly: screaming at the candy people and sending them to the dungeon for years. He was pranked by Finn and the Princess, so he sentenced all of the Candy Kingdom residents to "one million years dungeon!" After Princess Bubblegum returned to correct ruling age, the Earl of Lemongrab was fired. He rode off into the sunset on his trusty Lemon Camel, obviously upset. He returned to Lemongrab.
4. He doesn’t seem to like pain: he screamed when slapped on the hand by Finn, screamed for several minutes after eating spicy food, and moaned for ages after falling from the apple tree.
5. However, he can apparently stand physical injury. This is shown by the fact that he fell head-first out of the window of the tall castle's tower, and out of a tree, and was completely uninjured! This is because his body is made of extremely hard lemon candy - after falling from a great height, he leaves a hole in the ground.
6. His trusty steed, the Lemon Camel, doesn’t seem to talk. It is unknown whether he was another lemon candy creation of Princess Bubblegum, or a creation of Lemongrab himself, or a natural animal. It is also unknown how exactly Lemongrab and his pet met each other.
7. "Lemongrab" can refer to the Earl's name, as well as the land of which he is the Earl.
8. He is extremely far-sighted; needing a pair of very large reading glasses to read.
9. He is terrible at maths, which might explain the random number of years he sentences people to the dungeon.
10. He is made of lemon candy, rather than lemons.
Click here to get Adventure Time games, downloads and videos!
Click here to see our other Character Facts of the Week blogs.